This is a follow up to our earlier briefing on the proposed revisions to the “Fairfax Forward process”. McGuireWoods’ lawyers have been working closely with County leadership and the land use bar to understand the proposed process and offer constructive feedback. While the proposed Fairfax Forward process does open an additional avenue to propose amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, we remain concerned that the proposed process will only apply to a very narrow set of circumstances and that the proposed timelines are not responsive to the rapidly evolving real estate market. Public hearings on the proposed amendment are scheduled for April 19th before the Planning Commission and May 16th before the Board of Supervisors. Beyond this proposed process, we intend to continue to press the County for additional paths to allow for logical and necessary evolution of the Comprehensive Plan.
- ULI releases “What’s Next for Westfields”
- Embark Richmond Highway Advisory Group Discuss Transportation, Recreation, and Historical Preservation
- Fairfax County Kicks Off Zoning Ordinance Modernization Effort
- New Fairfax County Proffer Compliance Requirements Released
- Embark Richmond Highway Advisory Group Discusses Public Facility Needs Along Richmond Highway Corridor