Our Northern Virginia Land Use practice has been involved in the key land use decisions that have reshaped our region for over 50 years. From organizing the Tysons land owners to support the extension of the Silver Line to replanning efforts that include Tysons, Reston, Springfield, Rosslyn, Merrifield, Seven Corners, Carlyle and Potomac Yard, our team of veteran attorneys and planners assist landowners and developers with all stages of the planning and development entitlement process.
We frequently handle zoning and development matters for urban redevelopment infill projects, new developments applications along the Silver Line and repositioning of regional shopping malls. In addition, we have obtained zoning and development approvals for new communities, office and industrial parks, hotels, multi-family and group housing and planned residential and commercial mixed-use developments.
Our recent cases involve projects in the Alexandria Waterfront, Rosslyn, Springfield, Merrifield, Tysons, Reston and Loudoun Station.
Our team is involved in leadership positions in many leading industry associations including:
- NAIOP Northern Virginia, Executive Committee
- Alexandria Government Relations, Chair
- Arlington Government Relations, Member
- Fairfax Government Relations, Chair
- Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, General Counsel
- NVBIA, Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute
- AHOME, Board of Directors, Member
- Arlington Board of Building Code Appeals, Member
- Arlington Business Brain Trust, Member
- Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization, Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, Board of Directors
- Ballston Business Improvement District Corporation, Founding Member and Former Executive Committee Member of Board of Directors
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Chairman Government Relations and Economic Development
- Leadership Arlington